Thursday, March 19, 2009

Odds and Ends from the PG

This AIG bail out shit has pissed me off to no end. I haven't ranted about it because it would be the longest post ever. But over at the PG, Samantha Bennett covered it nicely:

I just want what I don't deserve

The insight is funny and so true. I could not have said this better myself. Really. Its worth the read.


Internet Explorer 8 launches today at noon

I have to point out that Firefox (I rarely use IE except when I have to) already has most of these "new" features that this brief article mentions. Needless to say... I'll still be using Firefox

This shit cracks me up:

OPEC urges U.S., others to do more to help economy

A senior OPEC official has challenged the United States and other industrialized countries to clean up the global economic mess that he says they have caused.
HA!!! I didn't hear them uttering a peep when oil was $147 and it was crushing the economies of developing nations and middle and lower income classes everywhere else. When they were rolling in liquid gold and wondering how to spike prices further with "justified production cuts" never once did they say "oh this could be bad." If you ask me, $40 oil is a rightful payback. There is so much oil sitting in barges, in storage right now that their threats of more "cuts" to force a rise a prices will just be mostly ignored, I think.

And you idiots buying trucks-- Mark my words-- $147 oil will come back. It could be next year, it could be 3 years from now. But it will be back. The Oil Mafia is too damn greedy.


And finally. I end with a rant.
Students aren't taking couch ban lying down
"That's awful. This needs to be stopped," said Ms. DiTomasso, a 20-year-old University of Pittsburgh psychology major from Oakland. "We can't afford to go buy patio furniture."

Mr. Cacini says the ban won't be the end of the world, but his Oakland neighborhood has developed a very friendly and social atmosphere because of all people who routinely sit out on their porches and talk with each other and passers-by.
Ok that's only a little part of the article. I have a few thoughts. Normally, I would not care about this. And I am SURE there is really more important problem our government should be working on. But honestly. Indoor couches and chairs on a porch is really not healthy with our weather. Two words comes to mind. Mold. Mildew. Both not good for humans.
Its the whole "We can't afford to go buy patio furniture" statement that actually caught my attention.

AT WAL-MART FOR ONLY $100 DOLLARS:

Delahey Outdoor Table and Chairs Set

So, Yeah, Shut The Hell Up!! about how you can't afford it. Stop partying and buying Starbucks for a month. There is your $100 damn dollars. I know, it must be a horrifying to skip a keg party or two, but you can do it and live. I promise.
For only $120 dollars you can get a damn table and 4 chairs.
Stop whining and stimulate the economy by contributing to it for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment