Thursday, March 12, 2009

The serious side of me

First, I want to apologize for not being my usual hilarious self. There is plenty of material in the news for me to blog about. I just haven't had the energy. I sent 2 posts to mobile blogger and guess what? Still not posted. I guess this shit is STILL not fixed. Damn it.

I'm totally pissed that it's March 12th and it was 26 degrees when I left for work this morning. I am sick of the cold. I am sick of winter.

Julia has continued to torture me at bedtime, although last night wasn't as bad as the previous nights, her failure to go to bed before 1130pm is very frustrating.

My stress levels have not been helped by work. Not even a little. I'm burnt out on answering questions like "It says 'next' do I click on 'next' or 'cancel'?" I want to say "hold your breath until the answer comes to you" but I can't. I am tired of the caller completely ignoring my questions when I am trying to help them. I hate when its a full moon, people act crazier.
I have other issues with work too... *sigh* Like hating the bat cave they moved me too. It's too dark because the lights are burnt out above my desk. I actually am worried there is not enough light for my plants. It's right on the busy walkway. Another coworker and I are several rows away from the rest of daylight people (our cube neighbors are all night shift) so this desk feels more like an exile than anything.


All this stress leads to me not being able to sleep. I can't seem to get more than 3 hours, which is just not enough. Once I do fall asleep, Julia wakes me up at 3-4 am for me to put her back to sleep on the sofa. So, I end up sleeping in and rushing around in the morning. Every muscle in my back and neck is so tense, it hurts, because I can't relax, because I'm stressed out beyond my ability to handle it.

See the vicious cycle here? I can tell you, but the time she goes to bed at night and I sit down to the check my email, I am not in a nice mood and I just want to be left alone.

To try an deal with all this, I actually pulled out the one book I ever finished writing and started editing it again as well as working on one I started but is still only in rough draft. But since I have really not had even an hour of *quiet time* to myself prior to 2am in almost the last 2 weeks, this is also not working.

So, sorry if I haven't amused you all recently. I promise I'll get back to normal. I hope it is soon.

In a effort to make this post useful. I recommend everyone read this article.
People Search Engines: Slam the Door on What Info They Can Collect

No comments:

Post a Comment